Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day 5: Always On His Mind

"For the ways of man are before the eyes of the Lord, and He ponders all of his paths."
Proverbs 5:21

I have to admit that when I think of God being everywhere at all times, it can be a bit daunting. No one is perfect, so the idea that God sees all, knows all and hears all is enough to unnerve the average person at times. He sees my ways when it's smooth sailing and He sees my ways when I'm expressing road rage. He sees when I'm on top of my game and when I've let sin sneak into my heart. And reading Proverbs 5:21 was a reminder of that.

However today was not only about the unnerving nature of being watched by God, but there was hope for me in the second part of this particular verse. Not only is everything I do before God, but He's pondering me. He's pondering my "paths". When I start to worry about a bill being paid or making the right decisions for business and ministry or maintaining the right relationships, He is pondering my paths. He knows the way I will go and He knows the ways I will consider traveling. He knows about the road less traveled in my life and the times that I've gone back up and down the same street. It's awesome to be reminded of God's persistent love for us. If you've ever been in love, in lust, or just plain obssessed with someone, then you'll understand in some minute way that God's got us on His mind constantly--pondering the ones He loves (you and I) without ceasing. 

Today, that was just the encouragement that I needed. I don't know about you, but it's comforting to know that I'm on God's mind. I'm not alone...and neither are you. Whatever it is that you are going through today, please remember that God is thinking of you. He's pondering your paths and you're always on His mind.

Be encouraged by God's love and attention!
Blessings,
MinD

No comments:

Post a Comment