Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 10: Waiting For Whirlwinds To Stop

I don't know about you, but this season of my life has passed me by like a whirlwind...one thing happens after the other. So many parts of my world have felt like they're in the air, whizzing by my face with no hope of slowing down. I feel as though I haven't been allowed the moment to even catch my breath despite all of the air around me. In some ways, the control I'd like to assert on my life has been taken out of my hands and my trust in God tested to the hilt. I'm like so many of you who wear many hats (and more than one at any given moment); and the weight of the hats seems tremendous as we juggle all of the other parts of life. It can be overwhelming, to say the least. But even while the wind is whipping, the Lord has sent a reminder of what His protection looks like. His Word says:

"When the whirlwind passes by, the wicked is no more, but the righteous has an everlasting foundation."
Proverbs 10:25

Can you imagine that the Lord has us in a supernatural bubble. Though we can feel all the wind, it doesn't have the power to truly take us out. Though it feels like it may destroy us at any moment, God assures us that our foundation will be in tact once all of the winds still. And so all that's left to say at that point is...Praise God for his peace that persists in the mean time. May it guard your heart and mind while you stand with diligence and righteousness through the whirlwinds of your life.

Be encouraged,
MinD

No comments:

Post a Comment