Sunday, March 1, 2015

DAY 12: Be Gone Controlling Spirit

Did you know that God is real? He is Creator of the universe? He's Author and Finisher of faith... He is sovereign, omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient. I could go on and on and continue to ascribe to you the Greatness that is the Lord. Yet despite my knowledge of His greatness, I like to be in control of things. Is it just me? So over the past few years, my gracious Lord has been slowly but surely whittling away at my need to be in control. I really have felt great peace work in my life as I have surrendered both the big and little things in my life to Him. I watched as He diligently showed me that He's the same God that provided for Elijah at the brook by sending to ravens to feed him there during the famine (1 Kings 17). I've been awed as He has consistently showed me that He's the same God who delivered on the promises he made to Abraham when he told him to 'go' and he promised to meet him "there" (Genesis 12). I've been astounded as he's continually shown that he is the same gracious and merciful God that spared the children of Israel time and time again even though they were hard-headed. In the midst of it all, what I am reminded of daily is that He's much better at this whole controlling-my-life thing than I am.

When I can't think of what to do next, he's there. But the problem is that first I have to let go. I have to be willing to make His plans come to fruition and not mine. When I don't think I'm ready for something, he's there. When my fears kick in, he's there. When my energy is low, he strengthens me. He is detail-oriented and hasn't forgotten a single thing about me or you. I'm just in awe yet again today of how grateful I am that the controlling spirit that wants to take up permanent residence in my life is not more like a visitor now and again and I'm truly looking forward to the day when it is has completely moved away.

My prayer for you today is that you would be encouraged to rest in Proverbs 3:5-6 and that that controlling spirit in your life will stay at bay...

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path. 

Blessings,
Pastor Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment