Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Lifeline Thru The Fog

I spent the majority of the day in bed. As I messaged an old friend, I couldn't understand why this had hit so hard. It was just a cold. Colds in February are a norm of life. However, my fatigued body was lacking the emotional and spiritual reinforcements that would have normally made it possible to press through the day with a measly cold. It was like I could feel a fog settling in over me. Have you ever felt that way? So weighed down by circumstance or simple reflections that you can barely connect the dots of your thoughts?

We often allow ourselves to become overwhelmed by what feels like a storm raging around us. Sometimes the storm is obvious with wind and hale and thunder; and sometimes the storm is more subtle like the settling of a fog over a chilling day. Sometimes the storm of life is obvious like the loss of a loved one, divorce, health challenges, financial mayhem; and sometimes life's storms are those subtle moments where your mind and emotions lose focus and allow the "shoulda", "woulda", "coulda"s of life to seep into your soul.

But, at the end of the day, God prevails even over the foggiest brain. As I rested, a friend messaged me to say that they noticed the spiritual fatigue and reminded me of a Word from the Lord that had come to me weeks ago. In the midst of my fog, the Lord sent me a lifeline. The depth of the fact that we don't war against the flesh but against spirits (Ephesians 6) took root in my soul. I felt the weight begin to lift and my mind begin to clear and felt an urge to write. Immediately, I wanted to pay it forward. You may be unaware of even what's really got you down for the count. You may simply feel a little bit under the weather or a bit bruised from the season of life you are in...blue or down. But God sent me today to tell you that He sees youGod loves you enough to not let you flounder and sends His redeeming Word as a lifeline. Be encouraged today to hold fast to His Word that says:


When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
    and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
    and the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the Lord your God,
    the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. (Isaiah 43:2-3a)


Blessings and peace,
Pastor Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment