Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Journey To Praise

"Enter into His gates with thanksgiving,
And into His courts with praise.
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name."
Psalm 100:4

The other day I woke up and felt a little disconnected...okay maybe more like a lot disconnected. I began the day as I often do--reading my devotional. But even as I read I still couldn't shake that feeling. There are times when, even in the midst of going to church or reading our bibles, we simply aren't "feelin it" and definitely can't put our finger on what's missing. Sometimes we simply need a little nudge from the Lord to help us get back on track. I was searching for my nudge.

As I read I Chronicles 6, something jumped off the page in verses 55-57. It wasn't a phrase that anyone would really take note of beyond me. It wasn't one of our many super-quoted verses that stuck out. Instead in the midst of talk about lineage and 'who begot who' and the division of property was a part that said "They gave them Hebron in the land of Judah, with its surrounding common-lands...one of the cities of refuge". A smile grew on my face as I felt the nudging of God. You see, in my current journey away from what had been my home for 13 years, God told me to come to Hebron. I hadn't heard of such a place until my brother and his family moved to a neighboring city of Hebron, KY. The significance of this may mean nothing to anyone else. However upon closer look at the verses showed that Hebron (the biblical one) was a city in Judah and "Judah" means praise. I smiled even greater as I left my room to hear that my family made plans for us to go visit with another family member who lives in Hebron proper that day. And so...in the midst of my disconnect, the Lord reached through the pages of His Word and nudged me into a space of refuge and a place of praise.


I can't tell you where your "nudge" will come from. It probably won't look like mine. But what I do know is that when we commit to the process of devoting time to Him in prayer and reading his Word, He will meet us right where we are. He wants to take us to places of refuge in Him. He doesn't have to shout from the rooftops. He doesn't have to beat us over the head with it. At the end of the day, the thing that reconnects us all from that place of disconnect is plain and simple...PRAISE.

Be encouraged on your journey to praise.

Blessings,
PastorA

No comments:

Post a Comment