Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Rollin' with God's Crew

"Starburst 4" by Christine Gaut
It's easy to feel alone. Whether you are single or married, with children or without, live alone or with others, that feeling that comes when you close your eyes and your problems are your own and it's only you and God there to solve them can be a daunting one. It can be overwhelming to think about the next steps you must take when life has thrown you a curve-ball. But the thing that I found out today (the thing that God shows me each time that lonely hole begins to swallow me up) is that there's a whole crew of angels assigned to help little 'ole me. The first chapter of Hebrews talks about Jesus being exalted above the angels. The chapter ends with a small statement that stuck with me in verse 14. It says, "Are not all ministering spirits sent forth to minister for those who will inherit salvation?"

The verse piqued my interest and caused me to research what exactly the job of these spirits/angels is. My image of angels doesn't really extend beyond a flowey white, winged being or that old television series, Highway To Heaven. (The angels on that show were walking amongst us doing good deeds.) So what I found made me look around with gratitude at the air all around me. My research came up with two verses in particular that I think you should hear:

"No evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; for He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. In their hands they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone." (Psalm 91:10-12)

and

"Bless the Lord, you His angels, who excel in strength, who do His word, heeding the voice of His word. Bless the Lord, all you His hosts, you ministers of His, who do His pleasure. (Psalm 103:20-21)

I don't know about you, but today I was comforted by the fact that God's crew includes spirits whose earthly job is to minster to those of us trying desperately to walk this Christian journey, protect us from evil, all while being strong examples of those who please God. The angels assigned to you are more than little cherubs with wings or frail, whimsical ghosts. They are a gang whose rep is unrivaled by any other and whose power is fighting the fight on your side. You can be reassured that you are not alone and that  the crew you are rollin' with is the one to watch. 

Be encouraged today and know, you're never alone. God and his whole crew have your back!

Blessings,
MinD 

No comments:

Post a Comment