Thursday, May 10, 2012

Born This Way!

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.
Psalm 139:13 


There’s a popular song sung by Lady Gaga that says “I’m beautiful in my way; ‘Cause God makes no mistakes; I’m on the right track, baby; I was born this way.” It’s a multi-million dollar selling song that has encouraged many folks both young and old around the world. They call it an anthem for the anti-bullying movement and is often discussed in the context of tolerance. As I sat one morning and watched the rain fall, I actually started humming it as sort of my own personal anthem while I was trying to be encouraged in a place of gloom. I don't know all the words but just that part seemed to stick. And then I was listening to someone preach that day. Their topic was something different but the preacher said something to the effect of "he was born to do what he was doing."

Instantly, I was encouraged. You see...though things may not go our way at all times...though we may find ourselves battling to keep our heads above water, one thing you can know for sure...you and I were born for GREATNESS! Your greatness may not look like mine or like Obama's or Gaga's or Oprah's or cousin Bookie or Uncle Buster. It's yours. God made you with a plan in mind and He's just the kind of God that see's everything through that He started. The Apostle Paul tells us that we can be "confident" in the fact that "that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ" (Phil 1:6). Despite how it looks today, God didn't make a mistake. You can trust in Him because it is HE that "upheld you from birth" (Psalm 71:6) and will continue to hold you until your destiny is fulfilled. It also means that you were born triumphant. Don't let Gaga (a secular singer) be the only one who knows that God didn't make mistakes. Before you came on the scene, Jesus took care of it all for you and me. You were born in victory! You were born to have a peaceful spirit. You were born to persevere. You were born to give Him glory!

So be encouraged today, hum a tune and walk as though your soul knows well: You were born this way!

Blessings,
MinD

No comments:

Post a Comment