Thursday, November 10, 2011

Do Something Good Today


This morning in my prayer time, I realized that I didn’t have a long request of God. My mind had been in overdrive all week long around the issues of love, relationships, finances, ministry, and more. But at prayer time…just one simple thought came to mind: Lord, let me do something good today. There's nothing earth-shattering about this devotional. I simply get tickled thinking about the prospect that, maybe…just maybe…today someone’s life will be better because I did, said, prayed something that was in line with God’s will and encouraging to their soul and spirit. Sometimes we overcomplicate the will of God to do good to others, but it's really just that simple. So today, I extend that prayer to you: “Lord, let <INSERT YOUR NAME HERE> do something good today. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, 
but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.  
(Philippians 2:3)

 Be encouraged,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment