Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Only the Best

For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb.  
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;  
Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. 
Psalm 139:13-14

I was was walking down the hallway and someone said to me, "You're the best." In a joking manner, I said "Why yes...I am...but only because God made me that way. He said I'm 'fearfully and wonderfully made' and I believed him. I bet you're the best too." The people all around laughed at my silliness, but the thought stayed in my heart as I walked down to my office.
(photo taken from www.shirtsayings.net)

I suppose it sounds arrogant or conceited to say "Yes. I'm the best." But the truth of the matter is that I know that by worldly standards, I'm not so great at times and other times I've got it together. Like most people, I have my moments and I just pray that the good moments outweigh the bad moments. But when I remember what GOD thinks about me, it's a whole different story. I know it's hard to remember it...particularly when you've not done your best or when things haven't gone the way you wanted them to go, when you look at hot mess or you feel like the world around you is slowly (or quickly) unraveling. But God wanted me to remind you today that you are a special part of His Creation. He formed you with extra special care. He gave your form even more detail than He did the temple that Solomon built and, for that, He commanded that only the best be used (I Chronicles 28:14-19). For His temple, He used the best gold, the best silver, the best bricks, the best men. For you, He used only the best hopes, the best intentions, the best well...the best of the best!

You may be feeling less than adequate today. Your self-esteem has taken a few hits or you feel like you're slowly sinking beneath the weight of your life. However, the good news is that it doesn't have to stay that way. You don't have to continue bearing the burden of inadequacy. God wants to remind you that you are more than enough. You are AWESOME, so walk like you know it. Put a little pep in your step and reflect the fact that what HE made in you is GOOD. And if you still don't believe it then you have an assignment to say to yourself each day "Hello there Awesome" until you do. As the scripture says, "death and life are in the power of the tongue" (Proverbs 18:21). Today I speak life over you...Be encouraged and speak life over yourself.

Blessings,
PastorA

P.S. Don't forget to forward or share and encourage another person today.

No comments:

Post a Comment