Friday, June 28, 2013

Move On The Nudge

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?   
Romans 8:31

I was driving home last night and was simply overwhelmed by...well...nothing in particular. My heart simply felt full and I just felt a great sense of peace and joy wash over me. It's the best feeling in the world and I realized that it has happened more and more as I have had less and less control over my life. The more I have relinquished my life over to God, the more He has brought me that inexplicable peace and overwhelming joy. The more that I have not tried to "figure it out", the more I've seen how He's got my back and got it fully covered. There in my car, I had to take a moment in repentance as I thought back over the years and began to wish that I had been braver, smarter, more trusting, more prepared, wiser (and so on) than I was in the past. I began to think of how grateful I was to be in this season where I am fully surrendered (mostly...haha) to Him and all that it took to get me to this point.

You see, the surrender did not come as willingly as I know God would have liked. Being gracious, God began years ago nudging me here and nudging me there. In retrospect, I see that some of the moves I'm so proudly walking into (with the bruises to show for the hard work it took) today really could have been glided into a little smoother years ago. Back then God was only nudging so I stayed still or, in some cases, moved an inch when He was trying to get me a mile out. While there is wisdom in knowing when to stand still and when to move, I began to think of all the times that life's transitions may have been easier for me if I had moved at the first (or even second) nudge instead of the last push.

The mere nature of a nudge is gentle and smoother than the sudden roughness of a push. Pushes have the potential to knock you down. Pushes have the potential to bring bruising and pain. Pushes have the potential to separate you from a group quicker/harder/more distinctly. Pushes just plain hurt. With that in mind, why did I not move on the softer, smoother nudges of God in the past? Why did it take a shove or two to really jar my awareness and direct me towards His Will? It's as simple as one word: FEAR.

Man! That sneaky little devil of fear has had so much power. Sometimes he brings his little imp friend, DOUBT, with him. But truly, neither of them is welcome in my soul any longer and should not longer be welcome in yours. These days I am declaring that I am making moves on an inkling of what God wants and not always waiting for full assurance. These days I'm walking boldly in the things of God knowing that "if God be for me, who can be against me". These days I'm declaring that I trust in God to catch me even if I fall. I don't know what you are facing. I don't know what your situation looks like. I don't know what that inkling in your mind or that tug in your heart is telling you. No matter what you are dealing with, today is a good day to shift your mindset and declare a new thing in your life. Even as you read this, some thing(s) have specifically come to mind that God is trying to get you to move on. He's been nudging. He wants to have you move on the small voice instead of the holler. Take it from me...move on the nudge and don't wait for the push.

Be encouraged,
Pastor A

P.S. If this spoke to you, don't forget to pass it forward and share that word with someone you know.


No comments:

Post a Comment