Wednesday, May 8, 2013

New Way Home


There is a recurring lesson that has been coming at me recently-FLEXIBILITY. It's one that was driven home to me on a ride home one evening. After meeting a friend for dinner, I decided to take a different route home. I turned down a ride to the nearest subway station just out of a desire to learn something new. I didn't know the schedule of that particular bus but stood at the stop "on faith" that something would soon come along to pick me up. And, I was pleased at my choice as I gazed out of the windows to see the sun going down. It was a peaceful ride home filled with this weird sense of wonder. This new route was a winner, and the Lord began to remind me about the necessity for flexibility and courage in this season of life. So many of us are in spaces where God is pushing us to be a little bit more adventurous in this walk towards Him (i.e. "home"). We've been doing the same things and expecting different results (a.k.a. insanity) and God looking for more flexibility. You may feel like you can't bend any further, that you've been as flexible as you can possibly be. It's at that point that God pushes us to take one more step, stand at the new stop, and wait for him to take us away on a new journey. Be encouraged that when you stand "on faith", HE will be that very thing that very thing that you are seeking...that peaceful ride full of wonder awaits us on the other side of courage and faithfulness. Today, make a decision to take a new way home.

"I will bring the blind by a way they did not know..." Isaiah 42:16a

No comments:

Post a Comment