Monday, March 25, 2013

Seeing Through The Fog (Day 1 - Freedom Week)

I arrived in Washington, DC and was given a great room with a view. The clear night air gave an awesome view of the Mall with the grandeur of the Washington monument and US Capital in sight. And I was excited as I anticipated awaking in the morning before the meat of my mission there began, knowing that I would have a breathtaking view to start the day off.


However, as I opened my eyes to a heavy fog over the city, I quickly realized that spectacular sight would not be available to me on this one and only morning I was in town. And as I sat doing my devotional, I felt the Holy Spirit whisper something poignant into my spirit: Sometimes on a mission you will not be able to see clearly. And my favorite scripture came to mind, Isaiah 42:16, which says that the Lord will 'bring the blind by ways they cannot see and make crooked places straight' and in closing the verse reminds us that God will not leave or forsake us.

What an awesome thought! How comforting it can be to us that, on this journey where sometimes the fog settles in our lives and blocks the view of what we want to see, we can be assured of the fact that God is constantly leading us. He will continue to make the way straight. We may feel "blind" but God always sees. We mustn't get anxious that what we want (our dreams, the thing we are looking forward to, the pathway we thought we were supposed to be on...) has disappeared. The view never changes--behind the fog is still a famed view of monuments to greatness. Sometimes we simply can't see what is right there and have to trust that it didn't go away. Fog is temporary and cannot stop us from moving forward on our path.

Be encouraged, God WILL lift the fog when the time is right.

Blessings,
MinD

No comments:

Post a Comment