Thursday, November 1, 2012

God's Whisper Through The Shift

This week, my life is changing. After ten years of love, joy, peace, sanctuary, friendship, triumph and trials, I am moving out of my home. It is my first home. It has seen me through 6 roommates, 2 pets, 3 degrees, 3 vehicles, and countless other blessings of jobs, relationships, and more. The corners of the room have heard me weep when there was no one else around and they have heard me whoop and holler when the room was filled. The walls have watched as I've gone through so much transition in my life and so the parting of ways has been like leaving an old friend. There are positive sides to this transition and challenging sides as well. With that in mind, making the decision to move has not been an easy one and has challenged my ability to be obedient as God shifts things around in my life. So it seemed only fitting that as I opened up my devotional on my big move date, it "just so happened" that my readings coincided with just what I needed to hear. The first words I read were those in Ecclesiastes 3 and then in Hebrews 4:

"To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven."  ~ Ecclesiastes 3:1

"For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.  Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." ~Hebrews 4:15-16

God, in His infinite wisdom started my day whispering comfort in my ear. Letting go of one season to walk into the next is never easy, but the great thing is that God is right there with us through it all. He walks with us and knows the turn of our hearts as we are pushed and pulled through the shifting seasons. Our emotions may be all over the place but, if we stop for a moment in the midst of all the hubbub, get quiet and listen, He whispers to us and brings a great peace that helps us to move one more step through the seasonal shift. In the midst of our trial and in the midst of our shift, we can go boldly to "the throne of grace" and He's waiting with the help that we need. 

Today, there is something that God is trying to move you from and/or move you TO. You've been resisting the shift, feeling alone in the movement. But I want you to be encouraged today. I pull the instructions from Hebrews that are repeated often..."harden not your heart" and hear what God is trying to whisper to you. Be obedient to the move of God and He will be right there at every step. He is trying to move you to that next place in your purpose and will honor your obedience. Do not hesitate and press through the obstacles before you. He wants to make your shift seamless. He wants to be there for you. Stop, take a deep breath, and listen to what thus said the Lord.

Be encouraged,
MinD


 

No comments:

Post a Comment