Friday, January 6, 2012

STILL STANDING...Good Enough...


I haven’t been writing, because I feel this obligation to have some redeeming quality about what I write. It can’t be all doom and gloom. It has to, in some way, encourage someone else out there. But, to be quite honest, I haven’t been feeling encouraged. I was finding hope in the Scriptures that I was reading, but every time I have thought to write, the words have been blocked by the enemy’s whispers in my head that the victory I was writing about, I wasn’t experiencing; or the authority I was speaking of seemed elusive to me; or the confidence and esteem I pronounced didn’t match how down I was feeling about myself.

So as another week began to slip away without having written, I was doing my morning devotional and read the words: “For You have delivered my soul from death. Have You not kept my feet from falling, That I may walk before God in the light of the living?” (Psalm 56.13) I shook my head at the fact that I’d allowed the enemy to silence me for the last month or so. All I could do was praise God for the mere fact that I’M STILL STANDING! No, things aren’t rosy and the spiritual battle I’m in is the battle of my life, but I’M STILL STANDING! No, I’m not sure how this month will be taken care of, but I’M STILL STANDING! Yes, my heart is still healing after the bashing it’s taken over the last two years, but I’M STILL STANDING!

A new year…a new opportunity to praise Him…and I’M STILL STANDING…And THAT is good enough!

Be encouraged.

Blessings,
MinD

No comments:

Post a Comment